Wednesday 28 February 2024

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours

Confession: I don't believe that I have ever watched an episode of Neighbours. If Kylie Minogue had been singing Padam Padam when starring in Neighbours, maybe I would have tuned in. At least once!

I do, however, agree with the sentiments in the title of this article and we count ourselves lucky (cue for another Kylie song?) to have such good neighbours here! The recent proposal to convert one of our local pubs to a Hindu Temple has drawn the local Littleworth Common community closer together and we now feel (drawing on all the local households) as if we have another 40 sets of neighbours!

Of course the neighbours who live next door are our closest neighbours and we are fortunate to have Mic on one side and Leanne on the other. While Mic has lived locally for many decades, Leanne is the new girl on the block and has been a great neighbour for the five years she has had to put up with us!

I mentioned to Leanne the idea of sharing photographs of our Common and she leapt at it! Savour this superb collection ...















That's a great set of photos, Leanne. Perfectly capturing the sun and the shade, the frost and the ponds of the Common. We both live on the other side of the Common with great views of the sunset so I really appreciated the morning/sunrise photos. However this collection wouldn't be complete without Leanne's dogs, Dave and Jack. Here they are in this short movie, albeit not in a starring role (the Common is, as ever, the star):

Thanks, Leanne!

I opened this by referring to one of my favourite Australian singers. A few weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to see (but sadly not meet) one of my favourite Australian actresses: Nicole Kidman. She was probably one of the last actresses to star in a Netflix series (The Perfect Couple) that was part-filmed at the Jolly Woodman. I saw her walk into the Woodman just a couple of months ago, and waved. She didn't wave back. But with neighbours like Leanne, who needs Kylie or Nicole ...  

No comments: